Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion - ALSA

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion - ALSA
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 17:43:47 -0800

On 02/21/2017 04:20 AM, Robin A. Jensen wrote:
> Hello Cinaed.
>
> It's (maybe) because X GUI is startet up on RPi and i'm connectet with a
> VNC-Client.
> But anyway, i got it to work by taking Rationel Resampler out of the
> chain and then cheat with the Sample Rate.
> So now:
> RTL-SDR Source: Samp_Rate: 2M ->
> Low Pass: Samp_rate: 1.92 M, decimation:4 ->
> WBFM: Quadrature: 480K, Demation: 10 ->
> Audio_Sink: 48K, 2 Channels.
>
> And now it run and play with a overrun.
>
> :-)

Did you try setting it to "mono" with

  /usr/bin/pavucontrol

?

Also, type

  aplay -l

it will give you the physical devices.

If I use hw:0,0 - the analog device - I get audio overruns for WBFM
sampling from 10 MHz all the way down to 1 MHz with the HackRF.

If I use hw:0,1 - the HDMI device - I can run the WBFM receiver at 10
MHz on the HackRF without any overruns.

Note, the HDMI device only worked with "mono". I didn't remember to test
using the analog device with "mono".

And you need HDMI monitor (or a cable from HDMI to VGA/audio for $10.)

Something is screwy.

-- Cinaed