Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] File Sink - Question

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] File Sink - Question
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 11:15:52 -0500

On 02/25/2017 11:09 AM, Ellie White wrote:
Hello,

I'm a fairly new gnuradio user, and I have a question about the File Sink block. I'm working on building a loop antenna which I have connected to an RTL-SDR dongle, so I'm using the RTL-SDR source block. My goal is to save the signal data from the source to file so that I can analyze it with Python, and I'm trying to use the "File Sink" block to accomplish that. However, I'm having some trouble with getting the file sink to work properly - when I try to run the flowgraph I get an error saying it can't open the file:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Ellie\top_block.py", line 216, in <module>
    main()
  File "C:\Users\Ellie\top_block.py", line 204, in main
    tb = top_block_cls()
  File "C:\Users\Ellie\top_block.py", line 131, in __init__
    self.blocks_file_sink_0 = blocks.file_sink(gr.sizeof_float*512, "C:\Users\Ellie\fm_data.dat", False)
  File "C:\Program Files\GNURadio-3.7\lib\site-packages\gnuradio\blocks\blocks_swig0.py", line 1016, in make
    return _blocks_swig0.file_sink_make(itemsize, filename, append)
RuntimeError: can't open file

And I'm not sure what's causing that. I apologize if I am missing something obvious here; I've tried several searches on Google and within the GNU Radio website to see if I could figure it out myself but I haven't come across anything yet. If it would help to know, I'm working on a Windows 8 laptop with gnuradio version 3.7.9.2.; I also attached the grc file I'm working on.  If anyone has any advice/suggestions on what to do about this I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Ellie