[Discuss-gnuradio] packet_pad_impl in gr-foo

From: Nikita Airee
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] packet_pad_impl in gr-foo
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 11:45:49 +0530

Hello everyone,

I would like to time synchronize transmission in two USRPs. I understand that after synchronizing pps and 10MHz, I would have to make use of time tags. For that I looked to packet_pad_impl in gr-foo.

When I use the block with a flowgraph, specifically the example flowgraphs in gr-ieee802-11, it really just blocks the transmission, meaning no data is transmitted from the USRP. The loopback too doesn't work. Tag debug also doesn't show the presence of any tags(tx_eob, tx_sob, tx_time etc).

Is the block not working or am I doing something wrong? If at all I completely misunderstood the purpose of the block, could you please point me in the right direction for implementing time tags as well?

Bests,
Nikita Airee