[Discuss-gnuradio] Newbie: usage of PDU to Tagged Stream block

From: Jorge Carpio
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Newbie: usage of PDU to Tagged Stream block
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 16:39:53 +0100

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to GNU Radio, I followed the tutorials and made some simple flowgraphs to use with an USRP. Recently took a look at the gr-digital packet communication examples.

I'm having trouble figuring out the right way to use the PDU to Tagged Stream block. I connected a Random PDU Generator to the input of the block, expecting a tagged stream to be produced at the output. But I must have misunderstood something, because there is no way I can see the samples being produced in the tagged stream of bytes. I can only see the length tags in the output stream, but no trace of the PDU data. Not even when I try to write the stream to a file or to stdout.

Attached is the flowgraph I'm using.

Cheers,
Jorge