Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Controlling Flowgraph Variables from a Webpage/ E

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Controlling Flowgraph Variables from a Webpage/ External Application.
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 11:45:07 -0400

On 03/14/2017 11:28 AM, Mehmeto wrote:
Dear All,
  I would like to control the variables in realtime of a GNU Radio Flowgraph
(like Sampling Rate, Center Frequency, Demodulator type etc.) from a Webpage
or external application.
I imagine that we need a webserver/ external application that communicates
with the Flowgraph.
Which type of GNU Radio  blocks are suitable for this job?
ZeroMq, XmlRPC, Control port ?

I have checked out ShinySDR but i uses GNU Radio simulated blocks as
plugins. (Not directly Flowgraphs)

Thank you in advance.

I have used XMLRPC myself in my own applications--not from a web-page, but that's just a specific class of "external application".

In fact, I often do that sort of thing "by hand", just by opening up an interactive Python interpreter, importing xmlrpclib, setting the
  variables I need, and exiting the Python interpreter.