Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSOC] A HTML-based GUI for GNU Radio: Draft of p

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSOC] A HTML-based GUI for GNU Radio: Draft of proposal
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 17:59:43 -0700

Kartik,

this is a pretty good draft for a proposal! You have all the relevant
bits, and your previous contributions to GNU Radio are noted.

One thing I'm not fully understanding is the workflow. Is it true that
the FG generation in GRC is the same as before? If so, can I run this
entire thing from within GRC (it would open a browser, but otherwise can
I execute it from GRC)?

You've called your OOT both gr-webgui and gr-htmlgui, but that's a minor
issue. I'm wondering if gr-bokeh wouldn't be more apt; it seems like
your choice of framework is pretty central to the code (that's OK), but
what if someone else implements gr-webgui using fancy other framework XYZ?

Cheers,
Martin