[Discuss-gnuradio] Wiki Transition, SSL, good things!

From: Martin Braun
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wiki Transition, SSL, good things!
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 22:26:16 -0700

Hi everyone,

a bunch of people were working tirelessly over the weekend (and I'm not
actually talking about me here) to finalize the transition of the wiki
to MediaWiki. Our old Redmine installation is finally gone, and what's
left is the wordpress installation that runs gnuradio.org (our flashy
website) and the MediaWiki wiki.

Another thing that was missing was SSL certificates for the website --
that's also fixed! https:// works for the wiki and the website now. You
may want to change your password for MediaWiki or gnuradio.org, because
we didn't actually have certificates up 'til now.

We have a bunch of webbly things left to, but we're slowly getting
there. One of those things is clean up the new wiki -- if you're up for
helping, just ping us!

Thanks to Johnathan and Andrej for dealing with the ugliness of web
server and certificate configurations.

For those who're curious, we had to nuke the Redmine installation
because it was literally falling apart, and it would have taken a
significant amount of work to set up anew. Because setting up anything
else would have been an equal amount of work (possibly less), we
researched alternative wiki solutions. Not sure how many wikis I
actually tried out, but MediaWiki is simply the most widely used, most
recognizable, and most likely to stick around for a long time going forward.

Cheers, everyone,

Martin