Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE 802.11 a/g/p Transceiver module - Making cha

From: Qurat-Ul-Ann Akbar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE 802.11 a/g/p Transceiver module - Making changes in WiFi PHY Hier Block
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 15:17:10 -0500

Hi,

Thank you. I got it! I have another question. In the OFDM Carrier Allocator block, there are 127 values for pilot symbols each of them either (1,1,1,-1) or (-1,-1,-1,1). The pilot frequencies are (-27,-7,7,21) according to IEEE 802.11 standard. But I do not understand why are there 127 symbol values. Can you kindly explain that ?

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Bastian Bloessl <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

> On 20 Mar 2017, at 17:50, Qurat-Ul-Ann Akbar <address@hiddennorthwestern.edu> wrote:
>
> If I want to make changes in the PHY hierarchical block, can I just make changes in the grc file available in the examples folder and then recompile ? Because I cant file a .cc file in the lib folder in IEEE_802.11 module and the source code for most blocks is in there.

I’m afraid I don’t get the question, but if you don’t see any .cc files in the lib folder, you might want to clone the repository again, because actually there are some

https://github.com/bastibl/gr-ieee802-11/tree/next/lib

If you only change the flow graph in GRC, you don’t have to recompile the module (i.e., recompile c++ code). Just click on the “generate” button (or press F5) this will rebuild the PHY. Then the other flow graphs will automatically use the new version of the PHY.

Best,
Bastian