Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble installing gr-baz

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble installing gr-baz
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 00:14:39 -0700

On 06/04/2017 05:04 PM, Brandon Lester wrote:
> I am having issues getting some components installed for gnuradio. I am
> trying to install gr-baz and op25.
>
> My OS is Debian 8, and I installed gnuradio from the standard repository
> with
>
>     sudo apt-get build-dep gnuradio
>     sudo apt-get install gnuradio gnuradio-dev gr-osmosdr librtlsdr-dev
>     libuhd-dev  libhackrf-dev libitpp-dev libpcap-dev

You can't have 2 different installs of gnuradio unless you know what
you're doing and your careful.

Type

   apt-get purge gnuradio gnuradio-dev gr-osmosdr librtlsdr-dev
libuhd-dev  libhackrf-dev

Blow away the the pybombs install directory and then try again with
pybombs.

I would recommend using the prefix /usr/local/gnuradio, i.e., in it's
own independent directory.

Then find the lastest sources for the hardware libraries for the SDRs
you're planning on running - and ensure you have the latest firmware
installed on the devices and the libraries match the fireware.

gr-baz will compile under 3.7.11.1 but then you will need to find a
script which will translate the gr-baz blocks to version 3.7.11.1 of
gnuradio.

You probably don't want to take the route from gr-baz to OP25 - try

  https://github.com/robotastic/trunk-recorder

instead.

-- Cinaed