[Discuss-gnuradio] OP25

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OP25
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 13:49:33 -0400

I spent some time fiddling with the OP25 P25 trunking scanner software, and with a lot of help from the guys on the op25-dev mailing list got it working pretty well. The "how to get it to do something useful" part isn't too well documented, so I thought I would document the config steps and files on my "John's Geekblog" blog. I broke it into multiple parts; part 1 is at http://blog.febo.com/wp/?p=158.

I would welcome any additions/corrections!

I also recorded a few minutes of scanning last night -- it was Friday evening and things were hopping so there are a number of missed messages. That video is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1jO3yM0MIA

You may note that my GUI looks a bit different than the stock version. I spent some time fiddling around to give more display space for the talkgroup tag. I have no idea what I actually did (WX GUI is incomprehensible to me), but I finally came up with a result that doesn't look too bad.

Thanks again to the op25-dev guys for their help.

John