[Discuss-gnuradio] Bounty: BPSK/QPSK Receiver

From: Chris Cook
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bounty: BPSK/QPSK Receiver
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 09:52:50 -0700

We have a satellite modem used for an uplink that we want to have a GNUradio receiver built. We will pay $1500 USD for the working receiver.

The modem is a Comtech CDM-570L.  For more information, please see:

Datasheet:

Manual:

We will be using this modem in the most basic configuration.  We are sending UDP multicast data through the modem and need to receiver this via gnuradio.

The modem supports BPSK and QPSK, and we’d like the gnu radio receiver to support both BPSK and QPSK modes.  It uses Viterbi FEC, but we would like to support turbo codes as well.

I can give you remote access to a machine that is connected to the modem via serial and has an RTL SDR connected to the Tx output of the modem.  I also have a USRP connected to the Rx input of the modem so you can effectively loopback the modem through GNUradio for testing.

So the deliverable is being able to receive the data from this modem with various bitrates and FEC rates, turn the data back into udp data that we can access on the gnuradio host.

Will pay an additional bonus if it can be completed in less than 2 weeks.