[Discuss-gnuradio] burst_tagger trigger type

From: Johannes Demel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] burst_tagger trigger type
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 11:50:21 +0200

Hi everyone,

I've been working with 'blocks::burst_tagger' for a while now and I wonder why the trigger input expects shorts. The impl only checks if 'trigger[i] > 0'. I would expect the trigger type to be 'char'. This would fit with the output of blocks like 'Plateau Detector' or 'Peak Detector'. Also, these blocks are all located in the 'Peak Detectors' category. It would be great if their port types would fit. I suggest to change the type of the trigger to 'char'. Maybe the original burst tagger can be moved to 'Deprecated'.

Johannes