Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] macport install gnuradio

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] macport install gnuradio
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 08:31:56 -0400

When you do a specific install use "port -k install" to keep the build
around afterward.

For example, to find the GNU Radio source to verify testing, you would
use:
{{{
sudo port -k install gnuradio
pushd $(port work gnuradio)
sudo chmod -R a+rw .
cd build
make test
}}}
and, from the "build" directory, you'd find the top-level source via:
{{{
cd ../gnuradio-3.7.11
}}}

Or , to just get to the source you could do:
{{{
pushd $(port work gnuradio)/gnuradio-3.7.11
}}}

When you're done, remember to
{{{
sudo port clean gnuradio
}}}
to remove the build.

Please note that if the "gnuradio" port is already installed and there
is no update for it, then issuing "sudo port -k install gnuradio" will
do nothing. In this case, you're better off doing "sudo port build
gnuradio" instead.

Hope this helps! - MLD