[Discuss-gnuradio] "Frame Rate" in log_power_fft (and other blocks)

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] "Frame Rate" in log_power_fft (and other blocks)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 22:15:48 -0400

I am trying to figure out the "frame rate" as used in log_power_fft and "update period" used in the QT GUI sinks.

I'm trying to generate one output from both QT waterfall and log_power_fft every 60 seconds. I've tried setting the "frame rate" in log_power_fft to both 60 and the reciprocal 0.016. In each case the actual output seems to be upon completion of each FFT (here, about 25 seconds). I've tried with the QT waterfall as well, but it's hard to see and time each update there.

How are the "frame rate" and "update period" defined? The block documentation doesn't describe either, and a google search doesn't turn up any on-point references.

Thanks,
John