Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Rotating constellations and varying LOs with USRP

From: George Sklivanitis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Rotating constellations and varying LOs with USRP B210 + Board Mounted GPSDO
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 19:36:54 -0400

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the response. I have already posted my question to the USRP-users list.

I am using the clock reference only from the GPSDO mounted on each of the B210s. I am not exporting the time reference from one device to the other.

We have been testing communication links between GPS disciplined B210s and N210s, each on it's own GPSD0 mounted clock, as well as between B210s with their own GPSD0 mounted clock and N210s that receive an external REF and PPS from a GPS-disciplined octoclock.

We observed the same thing. LED indicators on all devices show that the clock reference locks but constellations keep rotating. Should we address the residual CFO or is there something wrong with the hardware?

Thanks,
George