[Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs or PyGTK problem?

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pybombs or PyGTK problem?
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 09:07:11 -0700

Hello all,

I'm having a ridiculously annoying problem with either PyBOMBS or PyGTK right now. It prevents me from getting new prefixes of GNU Radio installed.

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 on VBox and I have a working version of GNU Radio already installed via PyBOMBS. I wanted to install a new prefix so I ran:

pybombs -vv prefix init grcon/ -a grcon -R gnuradio-default

I cannot get passed the installer thinking PyGTK is not installed, even though I have a version of GNU Radio working on this machine. I can't tell if PyGTK2 is supposed to cover the PyGTK dependecy either. From what I've been reading online I think it should, but I don't know for sure.

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

I've tried installing pygtk using pip, but I get this error

Inline image 2

This is why I can't tell where the problem lies, with PyBOMBS or with PyGTK? How could I have a working install of GNU Radio without PyGTK? Any help is appreciated.