[Discuss-gnuradio] Hacktoberfest on Github

From: Martin Braun
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hacktoberfest on Github
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 10:53:40 -0700

Hi all,

Github and one of their partners (Disclaimer: neither of which I'm
endorsing with this email) are organizing a pretty nifty event called
Hacktoberfest. As far as I can tell, all you need to do is submit PRs to
open source projects, and hey, why not submit something to GNU Radio!
And it even involves free t-shirts! See here for details:
https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/

The organizers suggest adding a 'hacktoberfest' label to easy-to-fix
issues, which I just started doing on the GNU Radio repo, but fixes are
not limited to those issues. There's a list of all those issues:
https://github.com/search?q=label:hacktoberfest+state:open+type:issue&type=Issues

...but from what I can tell 98% of that is web stuff. So, let's crank it up.

Cheers,
Martin