Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sample rate block in GNU radio

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sample rate block in GNU radio
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 01:06:58 -0700

Hello Abhilash B:

The 10 samples will keep get repeated, until you manually stop the program (they will be transmitted over again and again without a pause, until you stop the program). The 20MHz sampling rate will determine the output speed (DAC samp rate) of your SDR - assuming that the sampling rate of your SDR sink block is set to 'samp_rate'. If you did not use the samp_rate variable block anywhere in your flow graph, it simply does nothing.

Please note that USRP uses I-Q sampling; you should feed in complex numbers, instead of the real float. Also, I do not know how your 'dat' file is structured - it should contain raw IEEE754 single precision numbers (something to double check if your program misbehaves).

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 10:41 PM, abhilash b <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello all,

Following with my previous email regarding the sample_rate block,

> Hello all,
> I am new to GNU radio and I have one basic query.
>
> Suppose I am having 10 samples and I set sample rate at 20MHz with
> repeat option ON (assuming my hardware supports this bandwidth).
> Is that means my samples first gets repeated 20M samples and gets
> transmitted at once?

Here repeat option related to  File_source block. Basically, I generate float symbols in Matlab and convert it to /.dat/ file. I use this .dat file in the file_source block, turn on /Repeat/ option, and transmit through Osmocom/USRP sink

--

-Regards

Abhilash B