[Discuss-gnuradio] fails to add two data stream properly

From: Yang Liu
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] fails to add two data stream properly
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 01:04:14 -0400

Dear all,

I'm trying add two streams together before sending to usrp_source, suppose they are signal A and signal B, signal A comes from burst transmission, so there exits gaps between two packets, while signal B is the real streaming data. I tried to use blocks.add_cc() function to add them together (already shifted them to different frequency before adding). However, I found that this function will only be called when both inputs have data. Therefore, we are going to lose a lot in signal B since signal A is on and off while signal B is almost continuously.

I am wondering whether there exist some functions that can help to add burst signal and streaming data together without losing anything in both.

I have been struggling with this for a long time.:(

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Best,
Yang