Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sh: .//top_block.py: Permission denied

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sh: .//top_block.py: Permission denied
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 13:12:23 +0200

Hi Mark,

I can't find the commit right now, but there was a change where we enabled the setting of the executable bit for top_block files. Might have happened in between these two versions.

Can you check (ls -l top_block.py) whether the 'x' bit for the owner is set?

Best regards,

Marcus

On 10/06/2017 04:06 AM, Mark Christiansen wrote:
Any ideas for the Permission denied errors below?

I get the following error on one host running 3.7.6:

$  grcc -e -d . test.grc
>>> Warning: This flow graph may not have flow control: no audio or RF hardware blocks found. Add a Misc->Throttle block to your flow graph to avoid CPU congestion.
sh: .//top_block.py: Permission denied

The same test.grc runs fine on another host running 3.7.10:

$ grcc -e -d . test.grc
>>> Warning: This flow graph may not have flow control: no audio or RF hardware blocks found. Add a Misc->Throttle block to your flow graph to avoid CPU congestion.

Thanks.
Mark.