Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Implementing feedback loops

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Implementing feedback loops
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 15:11:18 +0200

Hi Vipin,

that sounds like you really just want to implement one block, with some state that persists between multiple calls to the (general_)work() method.

That is definitely nothing special – just give your block, which is a normal C++ or Python class, a member that holds the state.

I'm a bit confused, though, by your naming – this feels a lot like you're trying to describe a low-level hardware design. This is software – you just read a variable – the work of determining read addresses etc is done by your compiler or runtime environment.

Best regards,

Marcus