Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio and Sampling Theory: simple question

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio and Sampling Theory: simple question
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 00:03:58 +0200

Hi Saulo,

that is really just an artifact of the filter design. One could argue that a signal in the pass band should go through unattenuated, but one could also argue that it doesn't matter very often; also note that the filters designed internally in the resampler block also trade of steepness of the transition and beginning of the roll-off in the passband for limited length of the filters. So, if the signal you're passing through the resampler is close to the nyquist band edge, then it might already get a bit attenuated.

There's a simple way to "test" the magnitude response of the resampler, ignoring aliasing due to non-perfect stopband attenuation: Connect a Noise Source to its input, and a Qt Frequency sink set to a large FFT length and high averaging to the output. You should be able to see the filter's "shape".

Best regards,

Marcus