Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Plot I vs Q vs Time

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Plot I vs Q vs Time
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 09:41:25 +0200

Hi Chris,

not in-tree, no, but have a look at the pretty visualization Gerald Baier's gr_channelsounder produces, maybe it's what you're after.

Other than that, there's pyqtgraph, with which you can generate dynamic 3D plots with relative ease; Tim O'Shea has gr-pyqt , which uses that, but I don't think for 3D graphs (haven't looked in a while); I think any code additions to that are welcome (it's FOSS, after all), and you can possibly just take one of the sinks (the ctime_plot.py would be my starting point). Note that gr-pyqt deals with messages containing sample packets (instead of streams); while this might mean you need to "packetize" your sample stream into messages first, I personally think this is the way to go in the future, anyway.

Best regards,
Marcus