[Discuss-gnuradio] Performance monitoring within Gnuradio

From: Vipin Sharma
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Performance monitoring within Gnuradio
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 07:21:21 -0700

I am trying to monitor performance for my custom blocks using GnuRadio's perf monitoring tools. After researching a bit, I found out that I need to install Apache Thrift.

Do I need to re-build GnuRadio to leverage Thrift?

If yes, what options should I give to build script so that it recognizes and builds with Thrift?

I really just want to measure how much time the work function of my custom block is taking. This way of measuring performance sounds very invasive. May be I should just add code to the work function to measure CPU cycles?

What is the simplest way to do this?

Vipin