Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] noutput_items in every block

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] noutput_items in every block
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 08:07:13 -0500

Yes, you'll get the same number of samples on both inputs if you derive from sync_block. For example, here is the code from the "add" block:

add_ff_impl::work(int noutput_items,
    gr_vector_const_void_star &input_items,
    gr_vector_void_star &output_items)
{
  float *out = (float *) output_items[0];
  int noi = d_vlen*noutput_items;

  memcpy(out, input_items[0], noi*sizeof(float));
  for(size_t i = 1; i < input_items.size(); i++)
    volk_32f_x2_add_32f(out, out, (const float*)input_items[i], noi);
  return noutput_items;
}

For blocks derived from sync_decimator or sync_interpolator, you can also assume that the number of input and output items will be the same (or related).