[Discuss-gnuradio] Filter output float to complex

From: Sakthivel Velumani
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Filter output float to complex
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 10:53:12 +0100

Hi all,

I am writing a block which takes in complex samples and performs filtering and other operations on real and imag part separately and then combines them to output as complex. When I combine two fir_filter_fff outputs like -

out[i].real(filterObject.filter(<some_float_input>);
out[i].imag(filterObject.filter(<some_float_input>);

the flowgraph crashes. But when I do something like -

out[i].real(<some_float_value>);
out[i].imag(<some_float_value>);

it runs fine with the specified output value. So I guess the problem is with the output of fir_filter_fff. In the documentation, its return type is float and I also tried type casting to (float) before passing to out[i].real(). Does anyone have a clue where the problem would be?

Best regards,
Sakthivel