Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Work around FPGA incompatibility (can't update de

From: Derek Kozel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Work around FPGA incompatibility (can't update device)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 22:02:27 +0000

Hi Nick,

Marcus is correct, except for including the maximum UHD version you can use. The N200's FPGA compatibility number was increased in this commit on April 9, 2015. You need any version of UHD before that date. UHD 3.8.2 is the last release that did not include it.
https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/commit/f23e7bcc47f86ffb431aee43abe670e3e5e31647

UHD 3.8.3
https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/releases/tag/release_003_008_002

I would definitely recommend using the latest (so still almost three years old) version of UHD that you can. Alternatively it is worth asking if it would be OK to upgrade the FPGA for your use and then downgrade when returning it.

Regards,
Derek