Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] oot modules in grc

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] oot modules in grc
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:01:44 -0800

The default in gr_modtool is to create a category with the module name. For example, gr-whatevs would end up in the "whatevs" category. However, since it's common to capitalize categories, it should probably be changed to "Whatevs".

I just pushed a commit to gr-paint to use the category "Paint".

https://github.com/drmpeg/gr-paint/commit/7f2cbf2a2c759f570854fee567936b8f9b74fcb7

In some of my other OOT's, I use a more descriptive category. For example, in gr-ule I use "IP over TS (ULE)".

https://github.com/drmpeg/gr-ule/blob/master/grc/ule_ule_source.xml

Another newer OOT is using "NRSC-5"

https://github.com/argilo/gr-nrsc5/blob/master/grc/nrsc5_hdc_encoder.xml

If an OOT is similar to a core category, you can just put in there. For example, in my lower latency DVB-T2 OOT (gr-dvbt2ll) I use:

[Core]/Digital Television/DVB-T2LL

For some of my non-published local junk, I use sub-categories under the category "Utilities". For example:

[Utilities]/IQ Levels

Ron