Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Sink for pi

From: D J
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Sink for pi
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 09:39:41 -0600

I had to force reload alsa on a linux box once.  You could try that, too.

On Jan 24, 2018 8:32 AM, "Müller, Marcus (CEL)" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello David,

No experience with audio on the pi, but:
I usually just work with "default" on Linux.
You can query the possible strings using "aplay -L", if you have aplay
(ALSA player) installed; not sure hw:1,0 actually maps to something
that can be used for playback. You could check that reading
/proc/asound/devices contains kind of a "tree" notation, in a format
that's basically

X: [ N - M]: digital audio playback

and that would equivalent to hw:N,M, usually. (ALSA's naming remains to
 be a big f'up, imho). For example, I have a

  7: [ 1]   : control
  8: [ 1- 3]: digital audio playback
  9: [ 1- 7]: digital audio playback

in there, so hw:1,7 works, but hw:1,0 doesn't. (I still use
"hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1", which I got from "aplay -L".)

Best regards,
Marcus