[Discuss-gnuradio] Software Design Engineer Opening at DeepSig

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Software Design Engineer Opening at DeepSig
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 15:29:28 -0500

Hi all!

I'm sending this e-mail wearing a different hat than I normally do when sending messages to the list.

We are hiring at DeepSig, and we're (obviously) very interested in people with GNU Radio experience. If you're in the market for a software engineering position, check out the below description and get in touch!

Cheers,
Ben

------------
/*
 * Job Posting: Software Design Engineer
 *
 * Type: Full-Time (W2) On-Site
 * Location: Arlington, VA
 */

/*
 * About the Position
 */
DeepSig Inc. is looking for a full-time software developer to join our R&D team in Arlington, Virginia, for an immediate opening. The primary responsibility of this position is contributing to the design and implementation of DeepSig’s software products, which are principally written with C/C++ and Python using common Linux-based open-source tools & workflows. Important aspects of this role include writing clean & maintainable code, designing user-friendly interfaces, creating great documentation, and architecting a robust & re-usable software infrastructure. Our products commonly interface with software-defined radio hardware and are built around our machine learning algorithms, so experience (or an interest) in working close to hardware, embedded systems, and/or with machine learning is valuable.

Previous experience working with open-source projects & communities is a big plus. Candidates should be able to communicate clearly, both internal and external to the company, be self-driven, and know when to ask for help! We hire engineers that empathize with the users of their code, develop good relationships with customers, and love to learn.

Travel expectations are light, mostly consisting of conferences and occasional customer visits. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States by US citizenship or permanent residency. This position is located on-site with our engineering team in Arlington, Virginia. We are not currently able to sponsor visa applications or support remote hires.

/*
 * Engineering at DeepSig
 */
DeepSig is growing its technical team while cultivating a collaborative, agile, and fun small-team culture. We value creativity, knowledge sharing, and employee growth, and we encourage participation in scientific publications, conferences, and open-source software. We strive to offer competitive salaries, compelling benefits (including health, dental, retirement, and equity), a welcoming environment, a flexible schedule, and a great work / life balance.

/*
 * About Us
 */
DeepSig is a venture-backed startup focused on wireless communications and machine learning. We are creating software products and algorithms for the commercial telecommunications market that enable the first generation of true machine learning-based communications and sensing systems. More information can be found on our website:  https://www.deepsig.io/.

/*
 * How to Apply
 */
Send an e-mail to address@hidden with your résumé / CV. Cover letters are encouraged, but not required. You may also use this e-mail address for questions about the position.