[Discuss-gnuradio] How to use IQ Bal Optimize/Fix?

From: kokosz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to use IQ Bal Optimize/Fix?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 11:54:27 +0100

Dear all,

It looks like IQ imbalance is causing problems in my application, as I was able to simulate real-world-like problems after adding "IQ Imbalance Generator" to my GRC flowgraph. So, after simulating this imbalance, I wanted to get rid of it with the help of "IQ Bal Optimize" and "IQ Bal Fix" combo. Unfortunately, I can't get it work.

As far as I understand, "IQ Bal Optimize" is automatically detecting settings (i.e. magnitude and phase correction values) for "IQ Bal Fix" and pass it to the latter block via message connection called "iqbal_corr". Is this is true, I don't understand why I have to manually set "Magnitude" and "Phase" in "IQ Bal Fix" (otherwise I cannot run the flowgraph because of empty fields). I think that these fields were meant for making manual fix possible, but when using "IQ Bal Optimize"/"IQ Bal Fix" combo, message connection should be all what is necessary, right? Also, because of lack of detailed documentation, I am not sure how to interpret "Period" field in IQ Bal Optimize - what units are expected here?

I am using GRC v3.7.11, compiled from source files few days ago.