[Discuss-gnuradio] Triggering between two transmitters

From: sumit kumar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Triggering between two transmitters
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 17:43:59 +0100

Hi,

I want to create a deterministic collision scenario between wifi and zigbee. I am using gr-ieee 80211 and gr-ieee 802154 along with USRP B210.

I have a constraint that my wifi preambles should always collide with an ongoing zigbee transmission.

In order to do that, I am thinking of synchronizing the wifi transmitter and zigbee transmitter (both connected in the same laptop) in such a way that wifi transmits its frame only when zigbee transmission is ongoing.

Is there any way that zigbee transmitter triggers the wifi transmitter whenever a zigbee frame is transmitted.

Air time of zigbee is very high compared to wifi, so I am sure if zigbee transmitter triggers wifi transmitter, wifi preambles will collide with zigbee for sure.

Both wifi transmitter and zigbee transmitter are connected to the same laptop and using different USRP B210.

I am not sure if the solution lies in gnuradio or uhd hence posting at both places :)

Regards
Sumit