Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data integrity while transmitting data stream acr

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data integrity while transmitting data stream across radios
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 16:39:38 +0900

Hello Mahesh,

GNU Radio does come with FEC blocks (under 'Error Coding'), which can be used to reduce the error rate (in cost of the data rate). Also, you can try to write better flowgraphs (tune the blocks and the parameters of your flowgraphs to reduce the error rate).

However, if you really want to make the error rate to (near) 0, you may want to design it bi-directional. The receiver side must have some way to send feedbacks to the transmitter when packets are lost. Imagine if someone intentionally jams your communication - without a feedback system, you WILL going to lose data, regardless of the coding schemes you are using.

(Also, please check: https://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_packet_comms.html )

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin