Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Customized Block Giving Incorrect Output

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Customized Block Giving Incorrect Output
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 18:32:49 -0500

Hi Tellrell - OK so now you're getting somewhere! It might help to know that "input_items" is a 3-dimensional array: [stream#][vec_Length#][data_vector], where: "stream#" is the input stream number index starting with 0; "vec_Length#" is an index into incoming data organized by the vector length; and "data_vector" is the actual "vec_Length" of data of the type requested. In your block's case, the first index will always be [0]; the 2nd index will vary depending on the number of vectors provided to the block for work by the scheduler ... use "len(input_items[0])" to get the number to iterate over inside general_work(); finally, the 3rd index will always be in "range(vec_Length)", for whatever value of "vec_Length" is provided at instantiation ... this length is guaranteed by the scheduler. I think with this info you should be able to write the Python code to do whatever your block needs to do, whether like the version you started with or more like what Marcus is suggesting. Keep us posted! - MLD