Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T TX - ImportError: No module named _osmosdr_

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T TX - ImportError: No module named _osmosdr_swig
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 16:00:29 +0000

Hi Andreas,

ha! I was (pleasantly) suprised to see a argilo's face at the bottom of
that page :)
Luckily, you need none of the "ppa" steps at the beginning of the guide
for modern Ubuntu: it comes with packages for GNU Radio, gqrx and gr-
osmosdr.

So, just remove those PPAs, and the packages you've installed through
them (`apt-get remove gnuradio gnuradio-dev gqrx libboost-all-dev
libcppunit-dev swig liblog4cpp5-dev`), then `apt-get install gnuradio
gqrx gr-osmosdr` and jump straight to

git clone https://github.com/BogdanDIA/gr-dvbt.git

That should probably work.

However: Modern GNU Radio already includes gr-dtv, which *probably" (I
actually don't know) contains all the same DVB-T functionality. W6RZ
(formally known as Ron!) might know more – he's the grandest of gurus
behind gr-dtv. You might need to go into argilo's examples and replace
a few names, and then can work without gr-dvbt!

Best regards,
Marcus