Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RTL-SDR device failed to open in flowgraph

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RTL-SDR device failed to open in flowgraph
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 18:50:56 -0500

On 02/23/2018 05:51 PM, Ellie White wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing that, Marcus! I agree with Glen that it looks like a great tool, and I look forward to testing it out -- feel free to post it on the Open Source Radio Telescopes mailing list as well in case there are folks there who would like to use it, too.

I think I had done that in the past, but will do so again.

So, back to the original question -- I am still not having any luck getting my RTL-SDR dongle to work with GNURadio on Windows 10, despite the fact that the dongle works just fine with SDR# on the same computer. Is this a known issue, and if so, are there any solutions I could try? I was hoping to use GNU Radio to test out a new antenna I built soon, so if anyone has any advice about this, again I would really appreciate hearing it!

Many thanks in advance!

I'm not a Windows guy at all, so I cannot help.  Wish I could.

Can anyone here help Ellie get GR-based "stuff" going with RTL-SDR on W10?   Anything to look out for?

Also, there's the ##rtlsdr IRC channel -- a pile of Windows folks on there.

Ellie