[Discuss-gnuradio] Playing with gr-bokehgui

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Playing with gr-bokehgui
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:31:31 -0500

Just started playing with gr-bokehgui. Seems like a good start, but I think I'm missing something.

Tried a simple application built in GRC, with a source, and a bokeh Frequency Sink.

Genned up just fine, but when I run it

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./top_block.py", line 108, in <module>
    main()
  File "./top_block.py", line 97, in main
    tb = top_block_cls()
  File "./top_block.py", line 36, in __init__
self.bokehgui_frequency_sink_x_0_plot = bokehgui.freq_sink_f(self.doc, self.plot_lst, self.bokehgui_frequency_sink_x_0, is_message = False) File "/usr/local/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/hier_block2.py", line 92, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self._impl, name)
AttributeError: 'top_block_sptr' object has no attribute 'doc'

Also, apart from that, it would be really nice if it had a generic vector plotter, like the Qt side does. This allows one to do a number of interesting things including implement a "strip chart" without ever having to touch the guts of various sinks, because "plot a vector of numbers" is a fairly-common thing to want to do, regardless of why you want to do it, or exactly what the interpretation of those numbers mean. I suspect this would be straightforward, since the FFT plotter likely just uses an interior "plot a vector of numbers" anyway, just like in Qt.