[Discuss-gnuradio] [UHD] 3.11.0.0 Release Announcement

From: Martin Braun
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [UHD] 3.11.0.0 Release Announcement
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 12:20:40 -0800

Hi all,

today we've tagged the release for UHD 3.11.0.0. We found a bunch of
issues during RC testing, but not enough to warrant another release
candidate.
Some of the issues we fixed were actually usability-related, but there
was an actual bug with the images downloader, which might not properly
update the correct images after doing git pull, and we found and fixed a
bug in the X300 firmware which manifests as the GPSDO not being found
(if you were running master branch with the X300, we highly recommend
upgrading).

There is one known N310 issue which is still open as of this release:
When running UHD natively on the device in a multi-threading scenario,
it is possible to encounter race conditions which lead to UHD dropping
command packets. We will be releasing a bugfix release within a few
weeks to address this issue, along with anything else we might have missed.

Please find the tag on github here:
https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/releases/tag/release_003_011_000_000

Cheers!

Martin

Changelog:
## 003.011.000.000
* N310: Added driver
* UBX: Add support for CAL antenna for Rev E
* Added the module peripheral manager (MPM) with all subcomponents (N310
  drivers, mpm_shell, RPC server, BIST, etc.)
* UHD: Added rpclib as a internally tracked dependency
* UHD: Reduced the usage of Boost
* UHD: Updated uhd_images_downloader: Now uses more elaborate manifest
  to optimize downloads
* UHD: Introduced uhdlib internal include paths
* UHD: Add support for configuration files. USRP settings can now be set
  using a uhd.conf file in addition to device args
* UHD: Add narrow and narrow_cast
* gr-usrptest: Various bugfixes
* Updated required Vivado version to 2017.4
* Updated all license headers to use SPDX identifiers and correctly
  identify Ettus Research as part of National Instruments
* This release includes all bugfixes and features from previous
  releases, in particular, the 3.10.* release cycle