Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding Tempest implementation in GNURadio.

From: Derek Kozel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding Tempest implementation in GNURadio.
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 11:00:33 +0000

Hello Kushagra,

This is a very broad question which is probably why no one has responded yet, we simply don't have a good answer for you. Based on a quick look at that project it seems like it already supports LCDs, it is shown to work with DVI signals. Do you believe that it doesn't?

As for a way to approach the problem, all I can offer are generic steps I'd take to solve most problems. First, you have a working codebase which does (almost?) what you want. Get it working and then study how it does the signal processing. This will probably involve finding and understanding some documents about the types of video signals which it supports decoding. Then, if it doesn't do what you want, look for similar documents for the video signals you want to decode and look at extending the module to support the extra signal processing.

Regards,
Derek