Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal start (timing acquisition) in DVB-T2

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal start (timing acquisition) in DVB-T2
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 16:52:16 +0000

Hi Anshul,

do you normalize your correlation by the received signal power in that
same window?
How's your frequency correction doing? If you don't have frequency
detection at that point, your signal might get decorrelated.

You can solve both by employing a fixed delay correlation of your
receive signal; IIRC, P1 is roughly split into three parts: A middle
part that repeats in the front and at the end of the symbol. Let's say
that repeated part in the front is N samples long. Take these N,
correlate with the N that follow, divide by the power of these samples.

You'll not only get a value that should be independent from absolute
receive signal strength (as long as fading is not faster than ¼ of the
P1 length), and as a bonus, the correlation coefficient's phase allows
for a relatively robust frequency offset estimate. You can use that
estimate to correct your receive signal and get a better detection
result :)

Best regards,
Marcus