Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Calculate signal deviation in gnuradio

From: Roman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Calculate signal deviation in gnuradio
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 11:21:55 +0300

Marcus, many thanks again!

It seems that I am on the right way, at least with calculations. :)
Lets continue with your thought-provoking questions.

" Is your received signal real-valued?" No, I put the "complex-to-mag" block before.

Regarding the final goal.
I would like to evaluate the channel characteristics for the same bursty packet signal in channels with different propagation characteristics.
For example in environment with multipath propagation will cause signal fading (at least, it should). I would like to evaluate how deep the fading is by calculating the variance of the received signal level.
Is it a right approach?
Or can you advise better alternatives of using gnuradio for such purpose?

Reards,
Roman