Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Periodical Sensing Implementation in GNU radio

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Periodical Sensing Implementation in GNU radio
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 12:54:25 +0000

Hello Christopher,

(*I am not as experienced as others yet, so there could be better ways to do this.)

I would consider using "keep M in N" block to drop N-M samples and keep N samples per cycle, and implement the sensing algorithm so as it would process N samples a time.\

Alternatively, you can consider writing a C++ / Python block from scratch (It is not that difficult). Also, if you are not bothered at the performance of your flowgraph (= you want to perform the sensing periodically not because of the performance of the flow graph but because of the simplicity of the design),  you can simply run the spectrum sensing algorithm over the whole incoming I-Q data stream and then poll the results using a "Function Probe" block.

Regards,

Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: Christopher Clement J <address@hidden> 대신 Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+address@hidden>
보낸 날짜: 2018년 3월 14일 수요일 오후 3:39:49
받는 사람: address@hidden
제목: [Discuss-gnuradio] Periodical Sensing Implementation in GNU radio

Hi,

I am trying to implement a spectrum sensing algorithm for cognitive radio network.

I need to perform sensing at the receiver side.

I want my receiver to perform sensing periodically.

How can I schedule my receiver that its sensing algorithm starts working in a regular interval of time? Kindly let me know, which block is used for this purpose? Or is there any other method to do this?

Thanking You
Chris