Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with dvbt 8k 64QAM

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with dvbt 8k 64QAM
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:22:23 -0700

It depends on how impaired your captured signal is. Here's a list.

1) Signal to noise ratio. For 64QAM, you'll need about 20 dB of S/N, preferably more.

2) DC offset. If you have a large DC offset (big spike in the middle of the received spectrum), that can cause problems. Unlike LTE, DVB-T uses the center carrier, and a large DC offset will destroy that carrier.

3) Multipath. You can determine how much multipath you have from the flatness of the signal. Here's what my test setup looks like. There's a little multipath since the signal slopes up to the right. If you have large peaks and valleys, then you have significant multipath.

DVB-T RX

Ron