Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC: Reference a Block from Other Block

From: Johannes Demel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC: Reference a Block from Other Block
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 16:29:06 +0100

Hi Gilad,

it is possible to pass references to other blocks to your custom block. But you should avoid this implementation. First off, another block is scheduled in another thread. This might cause runtime issues.

If you need status information from another block, add a message port that outputs this information. Make it useful to everyone and upstream your additional functionality.

If you want to update the internal status of another block. Definitely use message ports to set internal variables.

Cheers
Johannes