[Discuss-gnuradio] How can I do 64QAM modulation using Trellis and Viter

From: Elkin Ducuara
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How can I do 64QAM modulation using Trellis and Viterbi algorithm?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 01:33:00 -0500

Hi everybody.

I am trying to send and receive data using OFDM - MIMO, but to do it I have to use *.fsm files chord the modulation type, For example I use the file named "awgn1o2_16.fsm" for transmit in QPSK modulation or the file "awgn2o4_4.fsm" for 16QAM. So I have the next questions:

1.) How can I use the current files located in "usr/local/share/gnuradio/examples/trellis/fsm_files/" for execute a modulation with more points of constellation such as 64QAM?

2.) How can I do a *.fsm file for generate a finite state machine that work with 64QAM modulation?

3.) If possible, I want to know how the files called "awgn2o4_4.fsm" or "awgn2o3_16.fsm" was build for later I can create a file compatible with 64QAM modulation.

Next, I append a file that I made (called "awgn3o6_8.fsm") but it does not work correctly, however it is able to generate constellation points in 64QAM.

Thank you all, I hope you understood me and excuse me for my poor english.