[Discuss-gnuradio] Decoding a Bluetooth signal and packets

From: Coundjidapadame Vikenesh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Decoding a Bluetooth signal and packets
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 09:55:35 +0200

Hello everybody,

I am currently working on a project which aim to detect Bluetooth and decode Bluetooth packets (I use a Hack RF One to make the detection). I have made a Gnuradio Flowgraph in order to demodulate Bluetooth signal and I am trying to decode visualy the packets by searching a Bluetooth frame on a binary file.
Unfortunately, I didn't succeed to recover a clear view of the Bluetooth signal. To be precise, I am pretty sure that I detect Bluetooth on my sinks but when sending this to a Clock Recovery + Binary Slicer blocks, I am unable to recover interresting data in the binary file (especially the MAC adress of the sending device, which is part of the a Bluetooth packet). Moreover, I would like to know what type of network layer (physical, transport, baseband...) is intercepted in this type of process. In my case, I aim to intercept baseband layer packets.
Could you please, give me your view, opinion about this problem ? I am stucked at this stage without knowing the exact origin of my issue. (I have enclosed my flowgraph and a screenshot of one of my Bluetooth detection if you want to take a look at my work).

Thank you very much,
Best regards

Vikenesh