Re: Location of bundles

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Location of bundles
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:01:43 -0700

"Philippe C.D. Robert" wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Nicola Pero wrote:
> > I am talking about apps or libraries which use bundles to implement
> > `loadable modules'.  I think this should be quite standardized between
> > apps and libraries.
>
> On NEXTSTEP the common path was /LocalLibrary/Bundles as far as I remember.
> Thus sth like $(GNUSTEP_LOCAL_ROOT)/Library/Bundles/'AppName'/ would make
> sense
> to me...

This sounds about right. Also there is already a method
+pathForGNUstepResource:ofType:inDirectory:, so you could do:

path = [NSBundle pathForGNUstepResource: AppName ofType: @"bundle"
inDirectory: @"Bundles"];

Which actually searches in USER_ROOT, LOCAL_ROOT, and SYSTEM_ROOT.
Perhaps make a macro that uses this method to return the right bundle.