RE: GNUstep Window Manager (was RE: Idea)

From: ian . mondragon
Subject: RE: GNUstep Window Manager (was RE: Idea)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 14:12:21 -0600

martin -

windowmaker *does* support GNUstep apps...that's how must of us spend our
time using them <grin>. the problem that we (at least i) are trying to
address with the thought of revamping windowmaker is this:  windowmaker is
written in C, using the WINGs API, which is a fairly simple *C* clone of the
NeXT gui look/feel.  a bunch of work has gone into keeping windowmaker as
compatible with GNUstep apps, but what would would like is to see a
windowmaker that actually UTILIZES GNUstep, instead of just retaining this
*compatibility*.  as far as the themes go...i love them just as much as the
next man and i don't want to loose them either :-) - and that's one of the
reasons i specifically pointed out that i think we should revamp windowmaker
instead of creating a completely new manager...then, also,  the switch over
to the wm we design (whatever we call it...GSWM? :-) would (in a perfect
world) be a non-issue.

@end

- ian mondragon