Re: GNUstep Window Manager (was RE: Idea)

From: Jason H Clouse
Subject: Re: GNUstep Window Manager (was RE: Idea)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 18:10:38 -0500

<<I'm not sure - but I think this should be the role of a workspace
manager application, and the backend library (xgps/xdps) should provide
this functionality so that we could potentially have different workspace
managers without their authors having to duplicate this work.>>

Good point.  First, we have to decide what this thing should do.  Do we
just want to make it easy to integrate X11 applications into a GNUstep
Dock and Workspace, or do we want to go further (offering pasteboard and
notification services and such)?  Is any of this (especially the
pasteboard) already implemented in the backend?

Jason

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.