Re: rpm generation

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: rpm generation
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 13:13:43 +0100

On Tue, 09 Jan 2001, Adam Fedor wrote:
> I just put in changes to  the GNUstep Makefile package to allow one to
> automatically generate an RPM spec file. It isn't tested very well and
> isn't very configurable yet, but it should work for most projects (for
> example, it will (soon) generate a proper spec file for all the GNUstep
> packages except gstep-make).
>
> All you are require to do is put the line
>
> PACKAGE_NAME = xxx
>
> in your GNUmakefile.preamble, although there are other variables you
> should set in addition to this. See the make/Documenation/make.texi (not
> finished), http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/make_toc.html
> (Same), or the rpm.make file for more information.

First, let me say this is very cool!...;-)

But I have a question related to that. In ProjectCenter, I try to only maintain
GNUmakefile, not the pre/postable files. But it would be nice to have rpm
creation be automated. So what is the best way to actually achieve this? Do I
really have to start managing the preamble file as well, or is there another
way?

cheers, Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert | http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~robert/

Research Group on Computational Geometry and Graphics
Institute of Computer Science and Appl. Mathematics (IAM), Office 208
Neubrueckstrasse 10, CH-3012 Bern Switzerland, phone: +41 31 6314902